Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A Dangerous Step

A Dangerous Step

I have added ‘Religions’ to ‘Views on Politics & History’. It seems to be a dangerous leap. However, my posts regarding Palestine vs. Israel, could be construed equally as ‘Religious’ or ‘Historical’, it does not seem that big a leap.

I have edited the post ‘Love to Argue!’ to include ‘apologetics’ since, here, I will ‘give answer to’ or ‘defense of’ my comments and beliefs.

Since I have been ‘spurned’ by a couple of other blogs, I may from time to time visit them, and then address the topics here, instead of there.

I have previously stated that I ‘believe’ my primary ministry is the blog on debt. It is to share my Biblical studies, and experiences on debt at Free to Serve.

That ‘ministry’ is finite. There will come a day, in the not to distant future, when that ‘argument’ will be complete. I will have finished presenting the material, and that blog will enter the realm of apologetics. I will ‘defend’ my argument. That leaves the groundwork here for what may possibly become a ‘new’ area of ministry. In the meantime, as God, time, and my condition allows, I will add, argue and defend posts here.

A note regarding the Bible, I believe the Bible to be an exegesis of the Bible - That is, I believe the Bible explains itself. Some topics are ‘mysteries’. I revert to the quote in “Setting the Record Straight” by Count Zinzendorf, “in essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty and in all things charity (love).” If I don’t know the answer, can not find the answer, or believe the Bible does not address an issue, I will not comment on it, or if I do, I will try to make it quite clear that it is an opinion without direct Biblical support.

What qualifies me to even be ‘commenting’ on a Biblical view of Politics, History, or Religions? As previously stated, I am not ‘educated’ in theology. I have a burning desire to know the Truth of the Word. I have at my ‘disposal’ an array of guides, helps, commentaries, etc. I have access to the internet, where a surprising amount of information can be found. I have direct, and indirect access to people I consider godly Christians. Proverbs 11:14 says, “Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety.” Those are my ‘qualifications’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home